Planning any activity requires careful thought and preparation. Before stepping into action, be sure that you can answer the following questions:
- WHAT are you planning to do?
- WHY do you want to do this project?
- WHEN and WHERE will the activity take place?
- WHO will benefit from the project?
- WHAT staff members(s) will need to approve the project?
- WHAT funds are needed?
- WHEN will the basic planning be done?
- WHAT committees are necessary?
- WHAT kind of publicity is needed?
- WHO deserves a special thank you?
- WAS the project worthwhile?
- WHAT’S next? WHERE do we go from here?
©National Association of Secondary School Principals, 1904 Association Drive, Reston, VA