Strong Student Councils are essential to strong schools. NatStuCo’s National Council of Excellence (NCOE) Awards recognize and celebrate middle and high school Student Councils that meet high standards and demonstrate evidence of student service, leadership, voice, and engagement.
Applications for the 2023 NCOE Awards—representing council activities and projects from January 1 to December 31, 2022—are open!
3 Steps to Becoming a National Council of Excellence
- Oct. 11, 2022: NCOE application opens
- Feb. 15, 2023: Submission deadline
- April 2023: Applicants receive notifications
“The National Council of Excellence gives advisers, like me, a blueprint for what our councils should be doing, for how our students should be leaders in our communities and for giving us a guide in meeting common standards of excellence in leadership.”
NatStuCo Adviser, Texas High School
National Council of Excellence Award recipients receive:
- Official National Council of Excellence certificate
- Customizable press release for local news media
- School name in the winners’ list published on the National Student Council website
- Eligibility to purchase special NCOE recognition items
- A special National Council of Excellence seal for school websites and electronic or print communications